I launched and new product last week and thought it would be instructional to do a tidy little roundup of the content marketing for that new product, a book called The Commitment Engine.
This post really has two purposes. First, to showcase the coverage from my book and give you a handy jumping in place for lots of content.
Second, to illustrate the power of content marketing and networking in the online world we live in today.
Content marketing is a long-term game. It’s not something you do well overnight with a couple emails. It requires lots of work and a consistent commitment to effective networking, but the payoff is immense in terms of traffic, links and social proof.
And that’s the game we’re all engaged in now.
Effective content marketing, whether it’s to launch a product or simply compete for better search engine placement, requires three things.
- Constant research and creation of valuable content topics
- Proper optimization and intentional sharing of content
- Consistent networking for content hosts, links and shares
I deemed my product launch, in this case a book, a success in large part due to the content marketing support it received. The content below generated hundreds of links, thousands of shares and tweets and many, many direct purchases of my book. In addition, the library of content will continue to live on and produce search results for a very long time.
Here’s a list of some of the content marketing and coverage from last week’s book launch.
- Pick Up The Commitment Engine – having a conversation with @chrisbrogan for his podcast
- The Commitment Engine – How to make work work it – review by @shellykramer
- Commitment to Yourself and Your Business – another great series of posts from @marjieclayman
- The Commitment Engine – great series of posts by @KevinRains
- The Commitment Engine–Making Work Worth It – book review by @marketingkelly
- The Commitment Engine Inspires Small Business Growth – great review in Small Biz Trends by @diymarketers
- Community Building: How to Grow With the Power of People – talking The Commitment Engine with @socialmediaexaminer – TweetThis
- 5 Types of Content That Your Community Craves by John Jantsch – talking The Commitment Engine with @leeodden – TweetThis
- Is the Work You Do Worthwhile? Talking The Commitment Engine with Forbes contributor @DanSchawbel – TweetThis
- How to Turn An Authentic Marketing Strategy Into Marketing Action talking The Commitment Engine with @jasonfalls – TweetThis
- How to Keep Your Marketing Engine Chugging With Community-Generated Content – The Commitment Engine with @hubspot – TweetThis
- The Commitment Engine Teleseminar and Twitter Party – talking The Commitment Engine with @karlstaib – TweetThis
- 7 Elements of a Shared Commitment Culture – talking The Commitment Engine with @nyreport – TweetThis
- Effective Culture Is Simply Clarity Amplified – talking The Commitment Engine with @pamslim – TweetThis
- How to plan for your business and why this might surprise you talking The Commitment Engine with @carriewilkerson – TweetThis
- Work Without Clarity, Isn’t – talking The Commitment Engine with @nametagscott – TweetThis
- Repeat Buyers and Creating Customer Loyalty – talking The Commitment Engine with @msnbc
- The Commitment Engine – Wikipedia – Making Work Worth It Wikipedia page
Already a member? Log In