I love the keyword research tools that are out there for you to use. Keyword research is probably one of the most underutilized tools of the small business web site owner. If you want to draw targeted traffic to your site you need to know what terms and phrases your target market is using to find businesses, products and services like yours when they surf and search.
The following online tools are very useful to help you create and refine your keywords for your website
- Good Keywords â€“ free software
- WordTracker â€“ free lite version
- WordTracker Pro version â€“ subscription-based and very powerful keyword tool
- Yahoo! Search Term Suggestion Tool -free tool that shows search terms from the Yahoo search advertising system
- Google AdWords Keyword Tool â€“ Googleâ€™s search suggestion tool based on Googleâ€™s search data
- Keyword Discovery – an entire suite of search and keyword tools getting lots of praise
TopRank Blog by Lee Odden has a nice list of keyword research tools here.
WordTracker Academy is a great place to learn about keyword research.
Already a member? Log In