Seems like it’s been eons since I’ve written about some change at Twitter, but this visual change is probably worth taking a look at.
While we’ve always been able to create custom Twitter Backgrounds, Twitter has now added a custom header much like the Facebook Cover Image and Google+ Header.
The image shows up at the top of the tweet column on your Twitter homepage and in the top of your profile on the mobile app.
Adding the image is pretty straightforward, but there are a couple important considerations in terms of image layout.
Here’s how to add your header image:
- Log in
- Go to settings
- Go to Design
- Scroll down to the new “Header” option right above custom background option
- Upload image from your computer
Some things to note:
- Image minimum is 1252 x 626
- Choose a wide horizontal image
- Note that the middle of the image will be covered by your profile picture
Already a member? Log In