Why Backlinks Still Matter for SEO
SEO has certainly evolved over the last few years. I actually wrote about the marriage of search, content and social as far back as 2009, but today, it’s just a given that SEO, content and social media go hand in hand.
My guest this week on the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is Brian Dean, internationally recognized business leader, SEO expert and founder of Backlinko, a great site for learning how to do SEO right today.
Dean is a true kindred spirit in that everything he produces is actionable and practical. Although he’s only been writing about SEO for a few years, his site has become a real go-to for me to find very useful ideas on building traffic, getting links and ranking for keywords.
He’s also a master at capturing leads so pay attention to all of the offers he makes and how he makes them when you visit Backlinko.
Questions I ask Brian:
- How has SEO changed over the last 5-6 years?
- What do you need to focus on today to get new backlinks?
- Does On-Page Optimization still matter?
What you’ll learn if you give a listen:
- Why backlinks are still such an important factor to your SEO
- Why great content is still the key to achieving backlinks
- Why focusing on one great piece of content works even better than a blog post a day
For more info on Backlinko and want to take advantage of a special offer exclusively for Duct Tape Marketing System listeners, click here: http://backlinko.com/ducttape
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing podcast is brought to you by Sidekick by Hubspot. Duct Tape Marketing Podcast listeners can get a free month by visiting http://getsidekick.com/ducttape