The Easiest Job in the World Is Calling Yourself a Consultant
Consultant, author, speaker – that’s the hottest business card title going these days and hey, who am I to knock it, I’ve called myself all three at times.
But here’s the deal – while it’s become much easier to claim the title, there’s only one way to own it – you get up every day and you figure out how to get better at your craft.
If you do that, you’ll be able to provide value for someone and that’s all you need to do to succeed in the world of consulting.
Short of that – just telling people you’re a social media consultant, marketing coach, growth hacker – without putting in the work to develop your own point of view, your own methodology, and your own story that attracts ideal clients – you’re a fraud.
Harsh words perhaps, but I believe in you, I believe in small business and I believe in this industry so why not let it show!
My guest for this week’s episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is Michael Zipursky, founder of Consulting Success and an expert at working with consultants to install marketing systems that consistently attract their ideal clients and significantly increase their fees. We discuss being a consultant and how to make a consultancy business relevant and profitable.
Questions I ask Michael:
- How do you find your ideal consultancy clients?
- How should consultants be approaching pricing their services?
- What are your favorite lead generation tactics?
What you’ll learn if you give a listen:
- Why you shouldn’t be afraid to limit your market and become a specialist.
- How to make sure your marketing approach fits your ideal client.
- How to better evaluate your value as a consultant.