How to Cut Through the Noise and Clutter in Marketing Today
My guest for this week’s episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is Alison Stratten. She and her husband, Scott, are co-authors of 4 best-selling business books, co-owners of UnMarketing Inc and co-hosts of The UnPodcast. She and I discuss their newest book, UnBranding.
Their site, show, and books all represent their thoughts on the changing world of business through their experiences of entrepreneurship, two degrees (Alison), not lasting long as an employee (both) and screaming at audiences around the world (Scott, Alison is more polite). Businesses like PepsiCo, Saks Fifth Avenue, IBM, Cirque du Soleil, Microsoft, and others have been brave enough to want their advice. Scott has been named one of the Top 5 Social Media Influencers in the world by Forbes.com.
Questions I ask Alison Stratten:
- What new ground are you breaking with UnBranding?
- Is there a common thread of how people build trust?
- How can repurposing content lead to new opportunities?
What you’ll learn if you give a listen:
- Why businesses need to re-focus on customer experience
- How to cut through a noisy landscape to get your opinions heard
- How to approach personal branding in an unbranding world
Key takeaways from the episode and more about Alison Stratten:
- Learn more about UnMarketing.
- Read their books.
- Listen to the UnPodcast.
- Connect on Facebook.
- Follow on Twitter.
- Connect on LinkedIn.
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!