Monetize Your Expertise and Thrive
My guest for this week’s episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is Dorie Clark. She is a marketing and strategy consultant as well as a frequent contributor to Harvard Business Review, Entrepreneur, and Forbes. She and I discuss her new book, Entrepreneurial You: Monetize Your Expertise, Create Multiple Income Streams, and Thrive.
Clark is an adjunct professor at Duke University’s Fuqua School of Business and the author of many books, including Reinventing You and Stand Out, which was named the #1 Leadership Book of 2015 by Inc. magazine. A former presidential campaign spokeswoman, the New York Times described her as an “expert at self-reinvention and helping others make changes in their lives.” Clark consults and speaks for clients including Google, Microsoft, and the World Bank.
Questions I ask Dorie Clark:
- What new idea are you presenting in your new book?
- Where do people get hung up when asking somebody to pay for their expertise?
- What are your thoughts on portfolio careers?
What you’ll learn if you give a listen:
- Why people need to shift their mindset on entrepreneurship
- How to know what types of additional income streams might be right for you and your business
- Why consistency is key to becoming a successful entrepreneur
Key takeaways from the episode and more about Dorie Clark:
- Learn more about Dorie Clark.
- Access the Entrepreneurial You Self-Assesment.
- Follow on Twitter.
- Connect on LinkedIn.
- Email [email protected].
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!Contests by Rewards Fuel